22 Oct 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!



A quick photo update as today was the first snowfall in Beaupré!


Yesterday, I was walking around wearing just a t-shirt, and now there is about half a foot of snow piled up. It hasn't stopped all day. Walking to school was fun - not being accustomed to walking in snow, I was very wobbly (the kids were entertained at any rate!) but, touch wood, I haven't fallen yet and I don't intend to.





I was very excited about the snow, everyone at school thought it was very cute. To them this is just pathetic autumn snow. It's barely even registered with some people. In the UK, everything would have ground to a halt by now. The sky is white, it shows no signs of slowing just yet. It's very pretty.





The only problem now is that someone somewhere must have had an accident and crashed into a power line, because we are currently without electricity. Thank goodness for the log fire!!!




(My classroom in school. Nice and warm and toasty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment